Sunday, April 5, 2015

It can't always be steak night!

Quickie #1 - Turkey Sloppy Joes

Not all my dinners are NY Strip Steaks or some fancy endeavor.  This is one of my "semi homeade" meals and super easy to make. 

Sloppy Joes are one of my favorites that remind me of my childhood. I was first introduced to this yummy American comfort food at church dinners (before AWANA) and I'm pretty sure we had them on Easter Sunday for lunch at church as well. For me, I can't have a Sloppy Joe without baked beans (Bush's Homestyle Baked Beans to be exact). 

So here's the quick low-down on this meal. I'm sure many of you have made it before.

1) Ground Turkey (Brown and drain first)
2) add Sloppy Joe mix,
3) Tomato Paste,
4) Water, and
5) A dash of garlic powder
6) Simmer for 10 min. Meanwhile warm up whatever sides you want.

The fridge is empty right now; but, when I get back, I'll definitely be making some Chicken Satay!

1 comment:

  1. I think this is the best Blog I have ever read. Can you show me how to make ribs, salmon, fillet mignon, pizza and turkey dinner? And can you show me how to do it with No Help.

    ReplyDelete