Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Radish Kimchi

One of my favorite kimchi is radish kimchi.  My last staycation I had; I made 4 quart jars of cabbage kimchi and 3 quart jars of radish kimchi... let's just say I ran out a month ago of the radish kimchi. Thus this staycation, I've made another batch of radish kimchi.  Fortunately, I've prevented the fridge from smelling only of kimchi by storing my quart jars in gallon freezer bags. :)

I found this radish kimchi (Kkakdugi) recipe at maangchi.com  There are a bunch of awesome korean recipes on there.

Ingredients:
4lbs of korean radish (picture above)
2 Tbsp salt
2 Tbsp of sugar
4 stalks of green onion
1 tsp of minced ginger
2 Tbsp of minced garlic
1/4 c of fish sauce
2/3 cup of gochugaru (korean hot pepper flake)
1/3 c of radish juice
Directions:
1. Cut radish into cubes as seen above.
2. In a large bowl, massage radish with salt and sugar.  Let stand for 30 mintues
3. Drain and reserve radish juice and set aside
4. In same large bowl, mix cubed radish with the rest of the ingredients

Let marinate for 3 days or so on the kitchen counter.

Delicious! Mouthwatering! Spicy!



No comments:

Post a Comment